Environmental Control Technology
Commercial HVAC Systems
This four-semester program prepares students to install, service, and maintain large-scale commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems (HVAC/R) and controls, with emphasis on safety, occupancy comfort, and energy efficiency. Other program goals include:
- Meet urgent industry demand for HVAC/R technicians in the commercial sector.
- Develop diverse knowledge and skills needed of technicians in an industry with rapidly evolving technology such as controls and energy-saving devices.
- Support State and California Public Utility Commission mandates for increased building efficiency, green technology implementation, and carbon emission reductions.
- EET 11 - Commercial Electricity for HVAC Applications
- ECT 19 - Psychrometrics and Load Calculations
- ECT 21 - Introduction to Direct Digital Controls
- ECT 22 - Commercial HVAC Systems
- ECT 23 - HVAC System Design
- ECT 24 - Commercial HVAC Systems Troubleshooting
- ECT 25 - Introduction to Building Commissioning
- ECT 26 - Advanced Building Commissioning
- ECT 27 - Advanced Direct Digital Controls
- ECT 40 - Introduction to Control System Networking