BEST Center and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL) invite you to our Winter Institute
Learning by Doing in Building Technician Education:
New Technologies, Teaching Strategies, and Lab Applications
January 11 – 14, 2017 at Laney College and LBNL
REGISTRATION CLOSED. Recordings and workshop materials are posted here.
This event will utilize intensive hands-on exercises to demonstrate what can be done in your classroom.
Join the BEST Center to learn about:
– The latest in building technology and tools from LBNL
– The future of Zero Net Energy buildings and operations
– Energy modeling
– Credentialing for controls technicians and High Performance Building Operations Professionals
– Tour of commercial Zero Net Energy building in San Francisco
– How to Build a BAS Tabletop Trainer (hands-on)
– Data Collection and Analysis for Building Operations (hands-on)
– Recruiting Students and more!!!
This workshop is FREE for faculty selected by application, generally one per college. Priority will be given to applicants whose colleges are committed to integrating large-scale, commercial building operations content into their curricula. BEST Center will cover transportation, meals, and hotel costs for attendees. As in past institutes, participants will be asked to arrive on Tuesday, January 10 in the afternoon and depart no earlier than the afternoon of Saturday, January 14.
For more info, visit www.bestctr.org
Questions: Victor Garcia, Coordinator, email@example.com, 510-464-3382.
2017 Annual Institute Flyer (70 downloads)